Jun 1, 2009

Summer Water Fun!

Good morning!

Judging from the reactions of everyone to the new Eclectic Summer StampTV kit - you all are loving it as much as I am! Here's another couple of cards that I made for the Release party last week - the first one is made with the new Free with Three Lazy Days of Summer stamp set and the next one is with the Eclectic Summer kit.

I used Basic Grey's LimeRickey papers along with Gina's new In the Navy cardstock. The image was stamped on Gina's Pure Luxury cardstock in Memento black ink and colored with a combination of Copics and then Sakura Glitter pens. After I assembled the card all together, I applied a thick layer of Crystal Lacquer to the entire image and set aside to dry overnight.

Here's a close up so you can see the shine...


Next, I pulled out an old favorite technique called Polished Stone and that adorable fish from the Eclectic Summer kit...

Isn't that fun? And, talk about a quick card! No coloring at all on this card! I used Ranger's Alcohol inks for the polished stone - I'm sorry I don't remember which ones right off the top of my head right now. After the polished stone dried on the glossy cardstock, I stamped the fish in Black Stazon.

To mimic the water's waves, I embossed the vellum with the Cuttlebug swirl folder and applied adhesive to the center of the mat so that the main image would hide the glue. I used Silver cording to wrap around the image and tied the bow behind it so I wouldn't cover up any of those fun fish! The sentiment is also from the Eclectic Summer kit... I adore all the sayings in this set!!

Here's a close up of the fish so you can see the polished stone a little better...

Thanks for stopping by today - have a great day!
Jessica

4 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

Both awesome as usual Jessica! I just love that fish on the polished stone! I am going to HAVE to try that yet!

Jennie said...

What fun cards! I love the fish one with the Ranger Alcohol inks... All of them are great :o) Your detail on your cards is wonderful.

Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails