Jan 23, 2009

You're Fin-tastic!

Good morning!

Did you join us last night for Gina's Release Party!? It was so much fun and filled with tons of projects from all of Gina's Design Team members. Here's the link, if you'd like to check into the thread to see all the photos scattered throughout the chatter.

I thought I'd share a couple of more 6x6 layouts that I've been working on lately. I used GinaK's Just Keep Swimming stamp set along with the sentiment from her new Fishy Friends stamp set that was just released last night...



I love that sentiment - and can't wait to use both fish sets together! Here's a closeup of the embellishments....


The flourish punch is for the waves, the raindots for the air bubbles for the fish and the stickles are for the sparkle! lol! I stamped the fish in Memento Ink on Gina's 80lb. Pure Luxury cardstock and colored with Copics. The sentiment is cut out with my favorite nestability for words - almost all of Gina's sentiments from her stamp sets fit into these word windows.

Now, on to my three little penguins...

Isn't that sweet? This photo was taken at our local zoo in Madison and Gina's Penguins from Sandy Claws worked perfectly with this photo, don't you think!? The papers and buttons for the pages are all from Basic Grey's Cupcake line. I used the Scallop Corner Punch for a fun layered look on a couple of the corners of the photos.

Here's a close up of these adorable penguins...


After coloring with Copics, I added Crystal stickles on their tummies and hats... just the perfect sparkle I was looking for!

If you'd like to see the other layouts that go along with today's pages, here's the links...


A few other notes of interest ...

* I am the hostess of a sketch challenge for GinaK that runs until Tuesday, January 27th at Noon. Check out all the detail here. And then, on Saturday (1/24), I'll be hostessing another Sketch challenge over on PaperCraft Planet. I'll share the details of that sketch in my post of Saturday. I hope you have the time to play with us because there will be a free GinaK Designs stamp up for grabs for each sketch winner!

* It's my birthday this Saturday and to celebrate, I'll be having some fun blog candy up for grabs - so be sure to pop back in Saturday to enter to win some fun stuff!

Thanks for taking the time to check in today!
Jessica

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your scrapbook pages are fantastic! I'm getting inspired to start doing some scrapping again. Thanks for such detailed info!!

Lisa H.

Norine said...

love you LO too cute
hugs
Norine

Tracey said...

These are fantastic layouts Jessica!!!

Mary said...

Jessica, both of your scrap pages came out awesome. Love your lay outs.

Mary

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails