Feb 18, 2014

It's party time!


Good morning!

This past week, we had a huge party day at school in my class.  The 100th day of school happened to fall on Valentine's Day this year (a week later than usual due to our snow days this year).  Since I'm a bit crazy and thought we'd get all our excitement over in one crazy day, we also celebrated our annual "Un-birthday party" where we have a day to celebrate everyone's birthday in our class.  We exchange presents, have a pinata, eat cake, etc.  So, needless to say it was a super fun exciting day celebrating all three special events in one day and after it was all done, I went home and found myself in bed by a little after 8:00 that night.  Nice way to celebrate Valentine's day, huh? ;)  

Anyway, the card I'm sharing today was made thinking about all those fun events and is filled with lots of elements on it, just like my day was at school!  Wow - it's a busy card for me, but I like it!

I used the new Shape Up stamp set with coordinating dies for the pennant banner at the top of the card, tucking a couple of doily scraps underneath for more textures and tied a cantaloupe baker's twine bow around since it matched the SU crisp cantaloupe ink I used for the triangles.


Then, I used the Birthday Bash stamp set with it's coordinating dies for the bottom of the card.  After I stamped the sentiment in the different inks (from my markers) I felt like it was a bit washed out and not as defined as I wanted, so I traced around the letters with a fine tipped black pen.  I used another pen to make lines around the entire white card base and used a copic marker to color between them.


The present's bow and candle flames were cut from felt.  It's hard to see but I cut several layers of the candles and the presents to give them a bit more weight as they were layered on the card front.  It's a surprisingly flat card because I didn't use any dimensionals on it - it's all glued on flat.  Nice for mailing.

I hope you have a great day and find a reason to celebrate the 'little' things in life today.  That's one of the best things I love about teacher Kindergarten and 1st grades... they get excited and celebrate EVERYTHING! ;)

Jessica

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Jessica this is a fabulous card - busy and all that it is :-). I bet your little people went home on a sugar high - at least you celebrated three things in one day!!
Blessings
Maxine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails