Mar 11, 2011

Paper Piecing Moxie Fab Challenge


Good morning!

Today's card was a fun one to make.  As I mentioned yesterday, I am loving the new Greeting Farm Anya stamp sets I recently purchased from 7Kids College Fund.  While looking over some of my favorite online challenge blogs, I saw a challenge issued by the Moxie Fab ladies to create a card using the Paper Piecing technique in honor of the new Stamp It magazine coming out soon.  I'm thrilled to have 2 cards coming out in the next Stamp It issue (coming in July!) and one of them was done with the paper piecing technique. (My first cards in a magazine - eek!)

While I can't show that particular card yet - I thought I'd create this one for the challenge to show how easy it is to dress up Miss Anya in some VERY stylish clothes... I think my 10 year old would love an outfit like this one.  I also paper pieced the Hero Arts cupcake image...

Card Details
Stamps: Miss Anya Hats Off (The Greeting Farm); All Occasion Greetings & Happy Birthday Cupcakes (Hero Arts)
Ink: Black Memento; SU crushed curry (inside)
Card stock: Copic Xpress It white; GinaK white; Cosmo Cricket Upcycle dp
Other: Sewing machine; Spellbinder Scallop & plain circle dies; Copic markers; Spica pens; Sakura black & clear glaze pen; Pink Paislee twine; button; corner rounder

and the inside view of this card....


I'm loving these Anya images for all the 'tween' birthday cards that I need to have on hand.  They really are adorable!

If you haven't yet, check out the Moxie Fab Paper Piecing challenge and create a project to share - the deadline to enter is Monday, 3/14 at midnight, so you still have time to play along with us!  There are a ton of links posted which will provide you with LOTS of great inspiration to pull out your scrap patterned paper pieces and scissors to get to work dressing up some of your favorite stamp images.

Have a great rest of your day - thanks for checking in on me today.
Jessica

Links to products used on my card today:

available at 7Kids College Fund

Other Products used...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails