Nov 18, 2010

Thank Ewe!


Hi there!

While looking through my 'unpublished' blog posts, I came across these photos of a card I made and meant to share last month with you!  Oops! lol!  For some reason, I don't have a photo of the inside of this card - sorry about that! 

As you can see, I was feeling a bit 'shabby chic' with this card - which is fun considering how silly these farm animals are...

Card Details
Stamps: Funny Farm, Fanciful Tags, Lovely Labels 2 (GinaK Designs)
Cardstock: GinaK white and black; October Afternoon patterned papers
Ink: Memento black
Other: Buttons; lace doily; SU clip; sewing machine; spellbinder petite scallop oval and label 15 die; office tag; copic markers; spica glitter pen; wrinkled ribbon; white fun flock; glue pen; corner chomper corner rounder; may arts twine

Can you believe Thanksgiving is just one week away already!?  Wow - this month has just flown by, hasn't it!?  I have so much to be thankful for this year and one of the biggest things I'm thankful for this season is my new job.

I have had lots of questions about what I'm doing now that I resigned from working at the GinaK Designs retail store, so I thought I'd address that here - I hope you don't mind.  I have been loving my new position as a child care teacher at a local Christian school/day care.  I am blessed to help care for lots of little angels every afternoon - snuggling, rocking, and playing with them.  It's a position with very little stress and lots of love, team work, and flexibility for which I am very thankful for and was looking for in my new job.  A big bonus? It's just a couple of blocks from my house, so I've been able to walk back and forth to work nearly every day!  I love that!

I have really enjoyed getting back to my first loves - being in a school environment, yet taking care of little ones on a part time basis.  I get lots of snuggles, kisses, and giggles from the 7-13 month old little ones I help care for each day and don't even mind the crying or dirty diapers!  lol!  My degree in education has made this transition much easier than I even expected it to - which is always good, right?

It was time for a change and a new direction, so when God opened this opportunity for me, I knew it was time to make the move.  Change is never easy but always good, when you are at peace and know that it is the right thing to do.

Have a great rest of your day and thank YOU for checking in on me today!
Jessica

9 comments:

katemade designs said...

beautiful card. so much to look at but the focal point isn't lost. love the background paper.

Tina said...

Jessica I LOVE this card!!! It's perfect for those adorable animals!! I am sooo happy you are loving your new job. Sounds peaceful and fun getting to hug babies all day. Hee Hee (DH won't allow me to LOOK at babies... I love them sooo... he's afraid it will be contagious. LOL)

Colleen said...

Jessica,
I'm so glad you are happy and out of a stressful environment. I know how that can be. I will miss you at Gina's but I can keep in contact with you this way.
Great card I always love your work.

Bev Gerard said...

Ohhhh, I wish you could see my smile right now. Your "shabby" venture is a true delight ... especially for this original farm girl. "Ewe" have it down pat, Ma'am!

~Bev

A Consuming Passion said...

Such a great little card Jessica! Love these cute little animals!
So pleased to hear you're happy and enjoying a more stress free environment. What could be more fulfilling than giving care to little-ones!! Well done...

Jennie said...

What a beautiful shabby design Jessica! There is no better "job" than taking care of little ones, and obviously nothing quite as sweet as snuggles :o) I had a similar job in college and LOVED it. I know one day when my kids are older I will get back to teaching in a Christian school environment, but enjoy teaching them at home for now. God's richest blessings on you dear friend...

Cheri said...

Jess, this is an amazing card...but all of your cards are amazing! It's such a blessing that you've found a place so close to home to embrace your passion of working with tots.

God bless you, Jess. Miss you at StampTV but so glad to get your emails - I love seeing your work. Always gorgeous.

Rebekah said...

TFS your new endeavors with us. It's good to hear what you are up to now!!

Wordbird said...

Jessica, this is another beauty!

I was wondering what you were up to these days when I wasn't seeing you at STV.

I made a job change like that to leave a fun but stessful situation once. It was the best thing I ever did! Your new job sounds wonderful and I'm glad we can still keep up with you and see your beautiful cards here!
Hugs and blessings! ;D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails