Stampendous is sponsoring Paper Craft Planet for the entire month of November with a series of inspirational holiday stamping ideas. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, new projects along with the instructions will be shared by the designers that we hope will get your inspired for the holidays!
Today, it's my turn and I created this Christmas ornament - which my daughter Ashley fell in love with and decided that she needed to make one too! I have to pick up some extra acrylic blocks for her, so she can make her own personalized ornament. I have a feeling it may be an easy Christmas gift for my little sidekick to make this year. It's quite simple to make, so if my almost 10 year old daughter can make one, I know crafters of all ages can too! The photo below shows the basic supplies I used for my project. Please note, the clear block is a 3x4 new acrylic block that is usually used for unmounted stamps.
- Acrylic block
- Stamped image on paper cut to the same size as the acrylic block
- felt or paper cut to the same size as the acrylic block - used to finish the back side of the ornament
- 1/4" Scor-tape
- Ranger's Matte Accents (not shown but used to adhere the paper to the acrylic block)
Ornament Step by step details
- Cut card stock and felt to the size of the acrylic block.
- Stamp image on paper and color. Embellish with Spica or Sakura glitter and glaze pens, if desired.
- Adhere the card stock to the acrylic block with Ranger's Matte Accents and a paintbrush. Apply the adhesive to the paper and press to the block. Other adhesives can be used, you just want to make sure the adhesive lines will dry clear, without the lines showing.
- Adhere the felt or card stock to the back of the block
- Wrap 1/4" Scor-tape around the outside edge of the entire acrylic block. Adhere the ribbon of choice around the block on the tape, making sure that the two tails of the ribbon end on the top, so a knot can be added to the top for hanging.
- Embellish the top of the acrylic block with a bow with 1/4" Scor-tape, to hide the knot of the hanging ribbon.
- Adhere the stamped Christmas list to the block and protect with a layer of Ranger's Matte Accents.
- Embellish with buttons.
Stamps: Stampendous Fluffles Christmas Letter
Ink: Memento black
Card stock: PTI white
Other: PTI felt; May Arts ribbons; Copic markers; 1/4" Scor-tape; buttons; twine; Ranger matte accents; Spica glitter pens; Sakura clear glaze pen
and the back of the ornament ...
The designers from PaperCraft Planet will be providing holiday ideas all month long to help you get ready for the holidays. You will always be able to access the projects in the Back to Basics Stampendous Group.
Have a wonderful rest of your day!