Oct 10, 2009

Fall Topiary

Good morning!

It's Saturday morning and my daughter Ashley and I are watching cartoons in our jammies in my bed... how fun is that? Remember the days when cartoons were only on TV Saturday mornings? I used to love getting up early on Saturdays to watch cartoons but now, they're on 24/7 ... especially at my house! lol!

She is excited because she gets to spend the night tonight at my aunt's house (who is like a Grandma to her) which may mean that Brad and I will get to have a date tonight. Right now the boys are in the living room with a HUGE pile of Legos trying to organize and sort the thousands of pieces Isaiah has in his collection. (Now, you know why we girls are hanging out/hiding in the bedroom! lol!)

My card today is one that I made with Nina's beautiful new Lord of the Season stamp set. I LOVE her topiary images - this one is my favorite!

I used GinaK's new soft yellow cardstock and embossed it with this beautiful Cuttlebug folder. I use the Big Shot and have found that I can get an amazingly deep embossed look if I use the thin white tab (the shim that's included in the basic cutting mat) when I run it through my machine.

For even more inspiration and ideas with Nina's Lord of the Season stamp set, check out the Idea Center discussion here: Lord of the Season. You can follow the links in the discussion to see everyone's cards in our StampTV gallery there too.

It's going to be a great day! I was able to finish up my job list yesterday and even got several cards made for some upcoming blog hops. I'm looking forward to some more time in my stamping room this afternoon playing - I mean 'working!' *wink*

Have a great rest of your Saturday!
Jessica

Card Details
Stamps: Lord of the Season
Cardstock: GinaK Pumpkin, Corn, White
Ink: Versafine, Memento, Vivid tuscan tan for sponging
Other: Dauber, long rectangle plain & scallop Nestabilities, Copics, Flower Soft, SU ribbon, Cuttlebug Victoria folder

5 comments:

JenMarie said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Donna said...

Beautiful card! I love the embossed background. I'm trying to get my jobs done early today so I can have some play time this afternoon too. Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. I'm very honored! Can't wait to play with my new Gina K stuff that just arrived. Make it a wonderful weekend! Hugs!

NinaB said...

Jessica, this is beautiful. Thank you for making my day with it.

SAMARA said...

Jessica, your card is sensational. I don't personally favor the fluffy stuff however, seeing it on your card...magnificent!! love it. i'm now a fan of it.

Lori said...

Nice card! Your topiary is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails