Oct 11, 2009

Miraculous Possiblities

Good morning!

Today's card is one that I made with one of my all time favorite Stampin Up stamp sets Peace Within - in 'honor' of my resignation from being a demonstrator at the end of September. Since they changed their Demonstrator agreement policy, I had to step down since I work with GinaK Designs in her retail store as well as her Design Team Coordinator.

It wasn't a hard decision to make, but I'm disappointed as I have always loved their products. I still love SU's accessories and stamps but now that I'm not a demonstrator, I doubt that I will be purchasing their products very much anymore... something for which my husband is very thankful! lol!

Here's a closeup of the focal image - as you can see, I watercolored the image after embossing with vanilla embossing powder. (I used GinaK's Ivory paper for my image.)

I haven't watercolored in so long because my Copics take center stage on my work table - but it was fun getting back to my 'roots' with this card. I used to primarily watercolor my images and forgot how long and tedious that can be... but beautiful in the end. I recently saw this technique on Cindy Lawrence's blog and had to play with it again! Thanks for the inspiration, Cindy!

Here's the inside...

and a closer look at the main panel...

Thanks for checking in with my today! Melanie is hosting a blog hop tomorrow night featuring her Hip to be Square stamp set. I am looking forward to hopping along with everyone starting at 10pm CST tomorrow night - see you then!

Jessica

Card Details
Stamps: Stampin Up: Peace Within
Paper: GinaK Ivory & Chocolate, Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Versamark, Memento, Vivid
Other: Waterbrush, SU reinkers, SU markers, Memento Markers, Nestability dies: long rectangle, mega rectangle, snowflake borderabilities, Prima flowers, Copper Nailheads, SU ribbon, SU vanilla embossing powder

3 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, Jessica! Peace radiates from this card! I love the lazy cat in the chair. And you haven't lost your touch with water coloring. It's just beautiful!

Tina said...

I agree with Donna, Jessica. It's a beautiful card and your coloring is fantastic.

Lori said...

I also agree with Donna. I must add that you always have such a beautiful inside to your cards!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails