Apr 4, 2009

Wreath of Wishes Sentiments

Happy Saturday!

Today's cards are some that I shared during Gina's Release party last month over on SCS but I haven't talked about them here on my blog yet... so today's the day!

This first card has a different opening on it - black and turquoise are the backing while the flap that opens is the ocean scene with these images from Best Fishes. I had a really hard time getting a photo of this card, so I only have this picture of it to share... sorry about that!

I stamped the scene in Black memento ink and colored with Copics, highlighting some areas with stickles. I used Pebbles' Pearlescent Chalks to shade the ocean blue - I love using chalks for my backgrounds. It's super easy to do and doesn't change the colors from the copics at all.

The sentiment is from Gina's Free with Three stamp set this month - Wreath of Wishes. I thought it was fun pairing it with this scene... the fish are welcoming the seahorse to their 'neighborhood.' lol! Most of the sentiments in this set work well with the Yellow Marvy Scallop punches that Gina carries in her store. I like to paper piece the scallops because I love the look of it. Scallops look naked to me without the holes! heehee...



This card cracks me up. For some reason the googlie eyes on this new mama owl are a little wonky... but kind of fitting, wouldn't you say? Every new mom knows exactly what I'm talking about - no sleep, lots of worrying, and stress... lol! This cute image is from Gina's Owl Always Love You stamp set.

Once again I used copics to color this scene and chalks to shade the background. Stickles were added for sparkle. If you are using colored stickles or glitters to your images, be sure to color the images in first. It really helps to make the glittered parts pop with no white spots peeking through. Don't worry about shading, just lay a base color down and then glitter away. It will really make a difference.

This sentiment from Wreath of Wishes is larger, so I used the new Stampin Up Large Heart punch and then handcut the black mat behind it. If you want your bright colors to really pop, try adding a black mat to them - the contrast is really great.

Have a great weekend!
Jessica

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails