Dec 23, 2008

Gina's Christmas Card

Good morning!

Last night I shared the ornament that I made for Gina with her Warm and Cozy Christmas stamp set, and this morning I'm going to share several photos of the Christmas card I made for her using the same stamp set.
Between the ornament and the outside & inside of the card - I used all the stamps in this set!

I love to challenge myself to do that sometimes. It's one of the great things about a stamp set I think - the way all the images & sentiments coordinate together!


Here's the full view of the card. It's a large card - 5.5 x 7.5 because I had a lot to put on the card! I have been making this large sized card a little more often lately and love the larger area I have to work with.

The paper is K&Co. Swell Noel - isn't it fun!?
The trees are from another sheet of paper - I just cut them out and layered them on white cardstock to help them pop. The paper decorated them with snowflakes for the top of the trees, but rather then trying to cut around the snowflakes, I just used Gina's White Sateen Flowers to decorate them.

Gina's Pure Luxury Green Satin ribbon
adds a nice touch of elegance to the whimsical paper, I think.



Here's another close up of the main stamp image. I wanted to share this particular view because it shows off the different layers and embellishments that I added. The little boy was stamped a couple of times in Black Memento Ink on GinaK's 80lb. cardstock, colored with Copics, and then popped up. Twine acts as the sled pull and liquid applique with glitter as the snow. Stickles and Crystal lacquer highlight a few of the stamped images too.

The sentiment fit perfectly in this long rectangle nestability shape which I highlighted with CraftT's Holiday Metallic Rub-on Paste. I went with a very light touch with this because I wanted it to be soft, rather than distressed. Kaiser Kraft Green Pearls added to the edges tied in the green satin ribbon... I'm loving these pearls a lot lately! Can you tell!? heehee...

I decided not to share the inside of the card, since I wrote a personal note to Gina in it before I took the photo. Oops!


Well, the Christmas rush is officially on for me! Only a few more days to get everything done! Wish me luck...


Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Jessica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is stunning! You put a lot of work and love into this card... amazing!

Happy Holidays!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails