Aug 18, 2008

Barnyard Explosion Box

Good morning!

Have you ever made an Explosion Box before? This was my first attempt and I love how fun it was to make and decorate!


I found a great tutorial and tweaked it to make it my own. I have a hard time following directions exactly. I like to experiment and see how many embellishments I can add. I learned a few things along the way with this one that will help me when I made another one. This one is a little too full and doesn't close very easily, but I couldn't stop myself from adding lots of embellishments!

My family photos are peeking out, so that you can see that I made the flaps into pockets. The stamps are all animals from a variety of Gina's stamp sets. They are all colored in with Koh-i-noor pencils, OMS, and blending stumps. Then, I went a little wild with the embellishments - googlie eyes, flock, glitter, ribbons, paper punches, liquid applique, flowers, mini eyelets, brads etc. It's really busy!


The cover has flock for grass and the bunnies have liquid applique for fluffy tails. Love the texture both of these elements add to my projects! The paper is all Stampin Up: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, River Rock, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White solid cardstocks and Porcelin Prints Designer Paper.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of your day!

Jessica

Project Details: Owl Always Love you, Poultry in Motion, Down on the Farm; Black Stazon; Cardstock, Designer Paper & Ribbons: SU; Koh-i-noor Pencils, OMS, Blending Stumps; Prima Flowers; Queen & Co. brads; Making Memories Mini 1/16th eyelets; Marvy Scallop Hearts: Giga, Mega; SU Circle Punches; Buttons; Flock; Liquid Applique; Glitter; Judikins Straw Speckles; Scor Pal; Paper pierecer & Mat; Journaler Black Pen

7 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

Wow! This is awesome Jessica! I love this! I like trying those 3D things,lol!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! You come up with some great ideas!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! You come up with some great ideas!!!!

Brenda said...

Awesome! I love the photo tags. I have been wanting to try making on of these. TFS

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh!!! that is so funky and cool... I have never made one, but you are inspiring me to get my butt in my studio and do it!!! Thanks!

Yours is SUPER cute!

Carolyn King said...

AWESOME>>>>>i love this...so fun how the pictures pull out.
I will have to try one sometime...just not very patient for such intense projects!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, I love the colours and tag pockets.
Diana Crick

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails