Aug 20, 2008

August Christmas Stamp a Stack Cards

Hi!

I have a quick post this afternoon to show the cards we'll be making at tomorrow's Christmas Stamp a Stack class at GinaK Design's store in McFarland.

The class attendees will be making 3 of each card - for a total of 12 cards.



I know this isn't a traditional Christmas set - but I thought it was a perfect flower pot image to show off with the polished stone technique we'll be doing with Ranger's Alcohol inks that we just started carrying in the store. There are copper stickles in the center of each bloom.




Here's another polished stone card. This time, we'll use Ranger's Distress reinkers and Rubbing Alcohol and then cut it out and emboss it with a standard nestability oval. This technique is a great one for mass producing cards, since there's no coloring.




I had to use my favorite Christmas tree stamp from Gina's set Spirit of Christmas again. This time, we'll use different sized Rain Dots to decorate the tree. The inside of each of the 4 card designs will be lined with a neutral cardstock to decorate as well, if they'd like. This one shows off one of the new edge Cuttlebug folders that we just got in the store.

This final card has very little stamping. I love the new holiday Cuttlebug folders that just came in and wanted to use them on each card this month to show the versatility of them. Notice, we're not using patterned papers this time - the folders are an economical way to make your own patterned papers! To highlight all the folders, we'll be using Ranger's Distress Inks and the new Blending Handle and Foam Pads we started carrying in the store. I love the soft look you can achieve with these tools.
I'm excited to see everyone tomorrow afternoon! Last month's Stamp a Stack class was a blast!
Have an awesome day!
Jessica

1 comment:

Cat Tidwell said...

I so wish I lived close! I'd be there! LOL! These cards are just gorgeous, I think my favorite are the polished stone ones...I have got to try that! Those arent in the online store are they? the inks...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails