Aug 20, 2008

Gift Notecards

Good morning!

Today's cards are some of the other cards that I made over the weekend with two Stampin Up sets: Bitty Birthday and Heard from the Heart. I wanted to use up some Kiwi Kiss scraps that made perfect little notecards. They ended up being 3 x 4.25 and I had enough scraps to make 4 of them.



I stamped the birthday images in Black Momento Ink on watercolor paper and watercolored them in with In Color Reinkers and my aqua painter. My ink bled a little... which I'm not sure why since it says that it's waterproof - I hate that! I tried to cover up the little boo-boos with Diamond stickles.



I used all the In Color reinkers to watercolor the images with. I was surprised how well the blue bayou stitched ribbon worked on the above card. I don't have any of the new in color ribbons yet, so had to make do with what was in my ribbon scrap drawer.

The card below uses the cupcake image from the Sock Monkey set. I was able to squeeze in all the colors on this one too - see the light pink frosting? I used the crimper again to add the score lines to the card base, but the lines aren't the straightest, so don't look to closely! LOL! It's been crimping crooked for a long time now and I need to get a new crimper, but don't want to spend the money on a new one since I don't use it that often...

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Jessica



2 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

These are soo awesome! I love all of them, and the colors, very pretty! I am so glad you have a blog, you are such an inspiration!

Bethany Paull said...

These are so cute! I love the little crimped sections.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails