Jul 6, 2008

Hope and Dream

Here is a card I've made recently with Asela Hopkin's new Stamp set from GinaK Designs called "Botanical Dreams."

I used my Copic Markers to color and then went over the entire image with my Sakura Glitter Pen. If you work quickly before the glitter dries on your image, you can take your Aqua painter and spread the glitter around making everything really sparkly!

Gina and I call this technique "Watercoloring Sakura-Style" and it's my favorite way to add shimmer to my colored image.

After I cut out the flower pot and put a coating of crystal lacquer over the image, I set it aside to dry.

The word buttons are from Making Memories and were originally silver and black. However, I wanted them to match my copper brads, so I took a Brown Copic marker and traced around the edge to give it a whole new look! I love that Copics are more than just for coloring!!

Since the card had a vintage look to it, I had to add my favorite 'aging' product to it: CraftT Metallic Embossing Paste. It is my go-to product when I want to add some warmth to a project. It's really easy to use - you only need your finger to apply the paste! It highlights the texture in the Bazzill paper & the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder really nicely.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Jessica
Card Details: Botanical Dreams (GKD), Bazzill Textured Paper, K&Co. DSP, Copic Markers, CraftT Metallic Embossing Paste, Copper Brads, Crystal Lacquer, Birds & Swirls Embossing Folder, Ticket Corner Punch (SU), Aqua Painter, Sakura Glitter Pen, Making Memories Metal Words










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails