Jun 27, 2014

Take Time...


Good morning! 

I'm sharing a card that I made this morning using Friday's SCS Free for All challenge F4A227: Summer Lovin'.

We were challenged to make a card with a summer theme or inspiration.  I pulled out Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Ocean Paradise stamp set and watercolored a beach scene. 


I used a variety of Distress Markers and Peerless Watercolors but was careful not to use too much water or worry about blending too much because I wasn't using watercolor paper - just a thick Vintage White cardstock piece from PaperTrey ink.

I stamped the images in Versafine ink and clear embossed for added shine to my CAS card.  The cute sun image is from SNSS's Wish You Were Here.


I had a bit of a hard time photographing the soft subtle sky and the texture embossing that I got from using a texture plate from PaperTrey Ink.  The ribbons are from Stampin Up.  To finish off the images I used my Sakura clear glitter pen on some of the images.  If you use a waterbrush over the glitter lines before they dry, you can actually spread or 'watercolor' the glitter a bit - super fun.

Have a great day and I hope you can soak up some sun this weekend!
Jessica 

Card Details
Stamps: Wish You were Here (sun); Ocean Paradise (SNSS)
Ink: Versafine; Distress inks for shading
Card stock: PaperTrey Ink Rustic White
Other: SU ribbons; Distress markers; PTI rustic impression plate; waterbrush; Sakura glitter pen; detail clear embossing powder

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wish it was that sunny here - beautiful scene Jessica
Blessings
Maxine

Ava Gavloski said...

great showcasing of the stampset and nice shading on the card

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails