Aug 6, 2013

The Twinery: Pinterest Inspired Challenge


Good morning!

Today I'm sharing some cards that I made for the new challenge just posted this week over at 


Here's the card I pinned for my inspiration:


My first card is a pretty obvious CASE of the original.  I loved all the patterns Connie included as well as the die cut, twine, and ruffled trim.  I used a variety of My Mind's Eye scraps which I adhered to a 3x4 card stock mat.  Then, I die cut the apple and leaf shape from WPlus9 Pretty Patches Apple stamp set and coordinating Apple die (which I picked up over at Simon Says Stamps).

Then, I laid the die cut mat over the card front where I wanted it to be and traced lightly with a pencil mark to help guide my stamping.  I removed the mat and stamped with some Hero Arts shadow inks (purchases from i{heart}papers).  The lace border die is from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and the twine I used was Blossom baker's twine.



I couldn't stop there though, so I made this second card using many of the same inspiration points for it.  This time, I wanted to stamp my sentiment on an angle - something I've seen quite a bit lately out there in 'blog-land' but haven't done much myself.  I used more scraps from My Mind's Eye scrap bin along with a couple more stamp sets I found over at i{heart}papers: Avery Elle's Celebrate and WPlus 9 Quilt Prints, stamped with a variety of inks from Memento.


Please check out all the details on this fun challenge over at The Twinery's blog.  We hope you'll get the chance to play along - you could win this yummy prize from The Twinery!


Have a wonderful day!
Jessica


3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous cards Jessica - I particularly like the second one, it is so sweet.
Blessings
Maxine

Sharon said...

Your cards are absolutely stunning Jessica. I like all of them. hugs Sharon

Jessica Yoder said...

SSSSOOOO beautiful. Just amazing colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails