Dec 24, 2011

Glad tidings of Peace


Merry Christmas Eve, my friends!

While designing my card, I wanted to use this sentiment "Glad Tidings of Peace" included in the new Glad Tidings stamp set because of the thoughts which that particular phrase brings to mind.  It seems as if the whole world is longing for peace but is unaware or not willing to go to the Prince of Peace to obtain true peace.

The angels declared the arrival of the Prince of Peace to the world on the night of His birth....

Luke 2: 13-14
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men!

While thinking about that announcement of peace, I was drawn to a couple of my favorite passages that I meditate on when I am in need of peace or comfort...

John 14: 1 - 6
Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you and if I go to prepare a place for you I will come again and receive you to myself, that where I am there you may be also. 
Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"  Jesus said unto Him, "I am the way, the truth, and the Life.  No one comes to the Father, except through Me."  


John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Hebrews 13: 5-6
... be content with such things as you have.  For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."  So that we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear.  What can man do to me?"

**********

If you are going through a difficult time right now, I encourage you to turn to the Prince of Peace and meditate on these verses.  Our loving Savior is waiting for you and is able to give peace to your heart.

Merry Christmas Eve!
Jessica
  

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful! The card and the passages! Have a Peaceful and Blessed Hoiday Season!

kiwimeskreations said...

Jessica this is beautiful - love your thoughts that you shared, too.
May you Christmas be blessed.
Maxine
p.s. we are already enjoying ours with family :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails