I'm honored to join PaperCraft Planet for this week's Stampendous Fran*tage Friday! I was given Saint Nick and Old World Greetings cling rubber stamp sets to design a Christmas project to share with you this week. I began working with the beautiful vintage St. Nick focal image, first stamping it in Memento Cocoa ink on cream card stock and then colored with Copics. Then, I shaded the entire cream paper with Distress Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap for some added depth. After the ink dried, I used a texture folder from Sizzix for Stampin Up - my favorite 'faux' fabric one. (Not sure of the name though, since I'm not a demo, sorry!) Then, I stitched the cream paper to some brown and then red card stock.
I'm sorry I don't have step by step photos of the completion of the project, but it would be quite easy to recreate, since the St. Nick focal image is a card front (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") which I adhered to a 5 1/2" square piece of patterned paper. Then, I stitched the panel to a kraft die cut from the largest Spellbinder Labels 1 Grand nestability.
Stamps: Old World Greetings; Saint Nick (Stampendous)
Ink: Cocoa Memento for stamps; Distress Antique Linen & Frayed Burlap for distressing & shading
Cardstock: Neenah cream; Stampin Up solid; Echo Park Season's Greetings 6x6 patterned paper
Other: sewing machine; Spellbinder Poinsettia, leaf and Grand Label 1 dies; Basic Grey buttons; Twine from The Twinery; Stampin Up texture folder; Copic markers
Originally, I was planning on having this be a Christmas card, but after I finished the card front, it seemed too special to just stop there, so I decided to add it to the largest Label One die cut to create a 'frame' or 'plaque' of some sorts... I guess I'm not sure what to call it exactly! Since the rectangle card front didn't fit quite the way I wanted it to (I don't like empty space very well), I thought the Spellbinder Poinsettia (retired) and foliage dies would be a nice counter balance to the focal image. After die cutting the flowers, I ran them through the same texture folder and then shaded them with Distress Frayed Burlap ink.
After finishing the front, I had to come up with a way for it to stand up - since I wanted it to be a 'frame' of sorts. So, I cut a 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" strip of thick white card stock to use as an 'easel'. I scored it at @ 1" and then covered it with some more Echo Park Christmas paper. I added it to the back of my project with Mono Multi Liquid glue... I LOVE that stuff! It's my favorite adhesive for 3D projects like this that I'm not exactly sure how will turn out. ScorTape is awesome too, but I prefer the liquid mono multi glue since I can 'slide' it around a bit while I'm figuring it all out and then once I leave it alone it's NOT moving at all after it dries.
Now, for the fun part! Leave a comment on the PaperCraft Planet Blog post HERE for your chance to win a very generous prize package from Stampendous in honor of Fran*tage Friday! You have until Thursday at midnight, Eastern Time. After that, we’ll pick a winner through Random.org and announce the name on the next Fran*tage Friday.
Thanks to our good friends at Stampendous for sponsoring this event!
Have a great Friday!