Oct 27, 2011

Fran*tage Friday: Jumbo Tulip



Hi there!

I'm honored to be participating in the PaperCraft Planet's Frantage Friday with Stampendous.  I recently made the decision to step down from the PaperCraft Planet design team as my stamping/designing time is much more limited now that I'm teaching full time again.  Susanna graciously accepted my resignation and is currently looking for a new designer to join her amazingly talented team!  I'd encourage you to check out all the details on how to apply for this awesome opportunity on this link HERE.

I was sent a lovely package of goodies from Stampendous a few weeks ago (before my resignation) to design a tutorial for PCP's Frantage Friday.  To see all the other tutorials and projects that have been created by the other team members, please check them out on this link HERE.  I decided to show how to pull out my embossing powder and inks and show how quick and easy it can be to make minimally colored images POP.


Supplies Used 
(All from Stampendous, unless otherwise noted)



Begin by stamping the jumbo tulip image in black ink on the lighter colored card stock.  Color with two shades of Copic markers towards the centers and edges of the flower being sure to leave enough of the card stock color showing.  Color the stem green.  Trim around the entire image.


Next, apply embossing ink directly to the stamped image.  Don't worry about getting the whole image inked up perfectly as we will repeat this process at least two times.


Sprinkle clear embossing powder over the image immediately and heat set.  There will be spots of the flower that you may have missed, so don't be concerned.  Each layer of embossing powder will help to smooth the surface completely.  The photo below is what it looks like when it's been heat set one time.  As you can see there is not very much shine on the image quite yet.


Repeat with dabbing more embossing ink over the image, sprinkling with clear embossing powder, and heat setting at least one more time.  The photo below shows the process done three times.


On the photo below you can see the shine even better.  The image is now finished and ready to be added to your card or scrapbook page!


Using my orange card as a guide, I embossed the light card stock panel with a Cuttlebug embossing powder and stitched it to my 5 1/2" card front.  The darker card stock panel was stamped with the flourish image (included in the Large Tulip stamp set from Stampendous) in embossing ink and heat set with the same clear embossing powder I used for my flower.


For an added embellishment, I applied a strip of 1/2" Scor-Tape to the card stock seam and sprinkled Stampendous' shabby blue embossing enamel over the tape and heat set.  I love that you can use Scor-tape for heat embossing and glitter!  (On my orange card, I sprinkled Stampendous' Champagne Crushed Glass Glitter over the 1/4" Scor Tape strip.)


All in all it was a pretty CAS card to make even though it looks quite elaborate and detailed!  Break out your embossing powder, ink and colored card stock and give it a try!  I know you'll like the results as much as I do!

You have the opportunity to win some free stamps from Stampendous and all you have to do is to leave a comment on the PaperCraft Planet blog post HERE by next Friday, November 4, at 1am EST.  Susanna will choose a lucky winner from the comments by random.org and announce the winners on the next Frantage Friday blog post!

Good luck and happy stamping!
Jessica

1 comment:

Kim S said...

I see these jumbo stamps and I don't buy them because I have had no idea what to do with them. Thank you for these beautiful cards and great ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails