Jul 6, 2011

Wish Big


Hi there!

This morning I'm joining the 7Kids College Fund design team in this week's challenge.  The theme this time is "Red, White, and Blue" - just in time for the 4th of July holiday that we celebrated over the weekend.  I took a bit of liberty with the challenge and added a bit of yellow Y000 (shaded with a bit of red R01) for the chicks and added a few touches of green for the grass, but otherwise stuck to the color challenge pretty well.

Card Details
Stamps: Garden Friends; Critter Party; Micey Day
Ink: Memento; Versafine
Cardstock: Copic Xpress it blending
Other: Spellbinder standard oval & Labels 9 dies; copic markers; dauber; ribbon; MFT First Place Award die; Quikutz dots embossing folder; Red twine from The Twinery; EK Success circle punch

I used the adorable Garden Friends stamp set from Penny Black for the chick image - aren't they cute all stacked up together?  The sentiments are from Critter Party and Micey Day.  I stamped the images on Copic Xpress it card stock and after die cutting & embossing the image, I shaded around the die a bit for the 'sky' and to highlight the chicks a bit.

On a sad note, this is my last post as a design team member for 7Kids College Fund.  I'm stepping down since I'll be heading back to teaching this fall and have been paring back on my design team commitments in preparation for this big career shift.  It's been a pleasure working with the entire 7Kids team!  All the girls are SO talented and the 7Kids' online store is one of the best online stores out there for customer service and products.  Thank you SO much for these past 6 months of working together!!

To check out the rest of the designers' samples for this week's challenge, please visit the 7Kids College Fund challenge blog.  I KNOW you'll be inspired!

Have a wonderful day!
Jessica

1 comment:

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

LOL! Super cute! It makes me smile big time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails