Jul 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom


Good morning!

Today is my mom's birthday, so I'm going to share her birthday card with you (and her!) on my blog today.  I had a card that I thought I would send to her for her birthday, but once I received the new Layers of Color May Bouquet and Artful Endearments stamp sets in the mail, I KNEW I had to use them to make her card.  Unfortunately, life got in the way of my good intentions and I didn't get a chance to sit down to create a card for her until last night after work... so, it's going to arrive a bit late, Mom.  Sorry about that!

My mom's favorite color is yellow, so I decided to play a bit with yellow papers - patterned and solid.  I stamped this beautiful May Bouquet image in versamark ink on a light yellow card stock and embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then, I colored the image in with a couple of very light yellow and green Copic markers.  After I was finished coloring, I went over the embossed lines with the Copic blender pen, to erase the ink from embossed lines.

Card Details
Stamps: Artful Endearments & May Bouquet (Layers of Color); Tiny Tags stamp & die set from PTI
Ink: Versafine black; Versamark; SU
Card stock: SU yellow & green; DCWV Cafe Mediterranean dp
Other: Sewing machine; lace; Copic markers; PTI Tiny Tag die; twine; white gel pen; SU button; SU Top note die (inside)

After coloring the floral bouquet, I traced around the entire image with a light Copic neutral color and trimmed it out, leaving a bit of a yellow border, for a layered look.  The rhinestone centers were colored with a bright yellow Copic marker to help them blend in a bit better with the flowers.  Then, I tied some twine around the bunch and embellished it with a tiny PaperTrey ink tag die cut - it is so cute!

Just look at how delicate this gorgeous sentiment from the Artful Endearments stamp set is!  I highlighted the lines a bit with a few Copic markers and white gel pen dots...


And, here's the inside view - more of these beautiful stamp sets to finish it off...


Happy Birthday, Mom!  I love you and am very thankful for you and all you've done for me!

Thanks for stopping by today -
Jessica

4 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Jessica - I am sure your Mum loves this - I know I do! Gorgeous colours and perfect sentiment! I love the inside of the card too - all of your details are wonderful - thank you Jessica for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

Sharon said...

This is really a beautiful card, which I am sure your Mother will LOVE! Well done. Sharon

Marsha said...

This is so beautiful. Love the embossed flowers, colors, lace. Going to CASE it as close as I can.

kiwimeskreations said...

beautiful, Jessica :-)
Blessings
Maxine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails