Apr 7, 2011

In my heart...



It's Thursday and another challenge has been issued by the POM (prisma coloring & other mediums) Outlawz challenge team.  This week, we'd like you to make a card using supplies that you have in your stash - kind of like a 'spring cleaning' project!  As long as you don't use Copic markers on your project, anything goes for inks, coloring, etc!

The older supplies I chose to use on my project are as follows:
  • Basic Grey Ambrosia 6x6 paper pack & buttons
  • Hero Arts stamp sets: All Occasions Messages and 4 Dolls
  • Colored Pencils, odorless mineral spirits, and blending stumps
  • SU heart punch; EK Success scallop circle punch
  • large tags for the card itself
My card is a shaped card, made with two large tags.  I covered the entire card with lots of the patterned paper and colored the Hero Arts Asian girls to match.  I have been so moved (as I know the whole world has) with the recent events in Japan and thought of the tragedy and devastation they are facing while I was making this card, praying for them again as I am compelled to do whenever the events have come into my mind.  Such sadness and loss so many are facing there...


As you can see, I stamped the images in Versafine black ink and clear embossed them because I really wanted the images to be crisp and black.  I should have watercolored the dresses and faces though because the colored pencils and OMS don't mix as well as I wish they did with the clear embossing.  But, once I started, I really didn't want to stop, so it is what it is... lol!

Here's the inside view - it was REALLY hard to get a good photo of it.  I scored 1" from the top of the second tag and adhered it to the front tag with scor tape.



Have a great day - I hope you get a chance to play along with us!  Check out the POM discussion group on the Outlawz site for all the other samples and details on how to enter your project into our challenge.  There's a great prize for the randomly chosen winner too!

Jessica

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is what it is and I think it is really adorable!! The colors and coloring are excellent! Very pretty card!! Hugz, Colleen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails