Mar 27, 2011

Easter Babies: Paper Pretties Stamps for a Great Cause!


Good evening!
Tonight I have 3 quick and easy cards that I made using Paper Pretties new Easter Babies digital stamp set.  The cards are quite clean and simple because I wanted the adorable images to take center stage!   Plus, all of the proceeds from the sale of this set (minus Paypal fees) will be donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.  The digital file is only $7, so it's a great deal AND a great cause!

Easter Babies - click HERE to purchase!


When you purchase the digital file, it will be emailed to your email address.  You will need to unzip the file to be able to view all the images.  I'm a digital stamp novice, so for me it works best to open a new Word document in Microsoft Word and insert the image onto the document, resize it and print it out.  I always print out on Paper Trey's White card stock and have never had any issues with the ink being smeared with Copics or Odorless Mineral Spirits and Colored Pencils, which are usually my two coloring mediums of choice.

For the projects I am sharing tonight, I actually took it a step further and created text boxes within my document and inserted the photos and coordinating sentiments, resizing them as needed.  That way I was able to print out all the images I used on the three cards as well as another grouping that I'll use on a future card soon.  Again, I'm a total novice, but I really like how quick and easy it is to use digital images this way - no worries about ink smudging!  lol!

Here's a closer look at this adorable lamb - I just love the sentiment Heather included for her.  She was colored with only a few Copics: N0, N1, BG10, R00.  Doesn't get much simpler than that!


******

Next up are these adorable chicks - wouldn't this be a cute card to give to a girlfriend?


In order to get the chicks perfectly lined up, when I inserted each one in the text box, I made sure to count out the spaces between each image.  Then, for the far right image, I went to the format tool bar on Word and rotated the chick so she was facing the others.  When I'm all finished with the image and the sentiment, the last thing I do is to go to the Format Tool bar and click on the 'no outline' option in the 'shape outline' tab so that it erases the actual text box line. 


These chicks were colored with a couple of Copic markers too - Y21, Y32, YR65. N0, N1.  Again - super simple!  One note of interest:  the card size is 4" x 5 1/4" to make room for the ribbon tag, so that it will fit in a regular envelope without a problem.

*****

My last card is with three images - the two groupings of rabbits as well as the coordinating sentiment.


Once again, I created a text box, sizing it to 5 1/2" long to cover the entire length of a regular card front.  I inserted both of the rabbit images, allowing the last rabbit on the far right image to be outside the text box, so it wouldn't be included.  I had to do that to make the images fit together size-wise, at least in my mind.  As you can see from the digital image file at the top of my post, one rabbit image grouping is quite a bit smaller than the other.  That's another great thing about digital images, you can change the sizes to fit your needs as well as rotate them to mirror images, if you choose to for your projects!


Once again, very little coloring on this card - N0, BG10, R00.  Then, I added a layer of green Flower Soft under their feet as well as another line of glue for Doodlebug's green glitter (which I also sprinkled over the Flower Soft too to fill in any spaces).

So, there you have it - 3 very quick and easy cards that can be used for Easter, Spring, or really any occasion if the sentiments are swapped out!  We hope you'll consider purchasing this Easter Babies digital stamp set to add to your collection and help us support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.  Heather has been sharing several projects that the design team have made with the set, so if you're looking for more inspiration, please check out the Paper Pretties blog.

Have a great night!
Jessica

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails