Jan 27, 2011

Stenciled Love



Good morning!

I've been invited to join the fun Outlawz Challenge site design team in the Prisma & Other Coloring Mediums group!  Today, we are challenging you to make a Valentine themed card.  Feel free to use any medium you have other than Copics (we have a challenge just for Copics), unless otherwise specified.  You can make any type of project- a card, a layout, a tag, a 3D bag, whatever you wish!

For all the details on how to enter your card into the challenge as well as the view all the project entries, please join the free Outlawz site and check out the Challenge tab for each day's theme.  Join the days that interest you - especially Thursday's Prisma's Group (hint!!) and check out each week's new challenge!  I'd love to see you there, playing along with us!

Now, a few details about my card... since that's why you're here, right?!  I created this card as another sample to take with me to CHA to show off Layers of Color stamp sets and stencils.  I sponged Distress Worn Lipstick ink around the Vintage Medallion art stencil.  I really like the monochromatic look with these art stencils and usually choose a light card stock and an ink a shade or two darker than the paper.  I've also found that I really like the Distress Blending Tool and the Tsukineko Small Daubers for the most control and best blending.  Those two tools have always been my favorite and continue to do the job for me quite well.  I tried a stipple brush and even some Glimmer Mists but found that for me, I prefer the sponges and inks.

I hope you get a chance to play along with us this week!  Not many rules to follow - just leave your Copics off your project and you're good to go!

Have a great day - I leave for CHA tomorrow morning!!! EEK - I'm so excited!
Jessica

****

Card Details
Stamps: The Love Chapter and Butterfly Collector (LOC)
Ink: Distress Worn Lipstick and Distress Tattered Rose
Other: Vintage Medallion art stencil;  SU tinsel; lace; labels 15; sewing machine; dauber; blending tool

4 comments:

Wordbird said...

So soft and pretty! ;D

MariLynn said...

This is gorgeous. I love how the stenciled background looks. I love the fibers with the lace too. I never would have thought to use the moth stamp that way. So pretty. A great example of LOC products!!

Lovely Linda said...

This is so soft and pretty Jess - just gorgeous! I love the totally feminine feel you have achieved with the gorgeous Art Stencil and images! Love it! Congratulations on your Outlawz DT as well - how exciting! {{{hugs}}}

Ann said...

Wow ~ This is really beautiful; the stamping and the stitching, I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails