Jan 26, 2011

A Little Birdie told me...


Hi There!

This is my second post for today, so if you are looking for this week's Paper Pretties' challenge card, please scroll down just one post!  Thank you!

I have a fun little 4x4 card that I made for a dear friend of mine who has a birthday coming up soon!  She follows my blog, so it won't be a surprise to her BUT I think she'll be okay with that... at least I hope she will!  Sue's birthday is Friday and she has become like a second mom to me - checking up on me and letting me know in lots of different ways what an amazing woman she is with her care, compassion, advice, and love.  She is a retired Special Education teacher who still loves 'her kids' and enjoys subbing at her school she taught at for all those years.  Being a former teacher and having a sister who has Down's Syndrome, it seems like when we first met we became 'kindred spirits' immediately...

Each month, she opens her home (which by the way looks and FEELS like one of those Better Homes and Garden's dream homes we all love to read about in magazines - not just because of her impeccable decorating and amazing bargain hunting skills but also in how welcoming Sue and her devoted husband Nolan are to everyone who is lucky enough to be there!) each month for our stamping get to-gethers.  We visit and stamp together and then finish off our time with a wonderful spread of goodies and treats that Sue prepares for us... yep, she's a great cook too! 

So, while thinking about Sue and her day coming up, I created this little note card for her - it's not a birthday card, per se - but one that I think she'll like!

Card Details
Stamps: Hello Birdie (Hero Arts)
Ink: Memento
Card stock: October Afternoon Modern Homemaker
Other: Seeing spots cuttlebug embossing folder; copics; SU ribbon; Martha Stewart border punch; pearls

I used the adorable and VERY affordable Hello Birdie Hero Arts stamp set and some papers from the October Afternoon Modern Homemaker 8x8 paper pack for Sue's card.  She loves polka dots and bright colors as well, so lots of those were added as well.

Here's the inside view...


Here's my very favorite photo of Sue with another gal (yes that is THE Debbie Olson!!) that we both admire and were able to meet last summer at CHA in Chicago... what a great time we all had together there!


Sue, I love you and am so thankful that you are in my life and circle of friends!  I know it's a few days early - but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, sweet friend!!!  I wish I could pack you up and bring you to LA with me this weekend to CHA - we would have such a blast together! 

Jessica

3 comments:

Pam Varnell said...

This is so cute and Springy feeling. Love it.

Chris said...

I wanna come and stamp with you all!
She's gonna love the card and the post.

hilde janbroers said...

such a sweet card! love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails