Sep 16, 2010

September GKD Challenge Hop


Good evening!

Welcome to our monthly GinaK Designs challenge hop!  This month Gina has challenged each of us to make a project with a favorite Fall/Autumn memory as the inspiration.  So, I pulled out the Lean on Me stamp set and designed this 12x12 scrapbook page that will eventually include photos of my 2 kids on the first day of school!  Being a former school teacher, that has to be one of the most favorite memories for me personally about fall: school!  I loved school as a child and loved teaching for nearly 5 years - before my son was born.

Here's the photos I'm getting printed to put on these pages eventually:



I'll just trim the photos to 3 3/4" x 4 3/4" to fit my pre-made mats and it's ready to go!  I chose not to crop the photos in my photo editing software to make sure I could fit them on the mats.  Quick and easy!

Here's a closer look at the corner of the page that showcases a few images from the Lean on Me stamp set.


School Scrapbook Page Details
Stamps: Lean on Me
Cardstock: GinaK ivory, black, sweet corn; SU Kraft 12x12; October Afternoon dp
Ink: Vivid; Black Memento
Other: Buttons; October Afternoon ticket; sewing machine; Basic Grey clips; buttons; trims; Spellbinder tag die

Another favorite autumn memory has to be going to the pumpkin patch with my kids - the hay/tractor ride, the pumpkins, the crisp air, etc... so fun!  So, thinking of those memories, I designed this card using the pumpkin from the Autumn Splendor StampTV kit:


 This card is pretty busy - but I was trying to use up a bunch of the fun patterns from the Basic Grey Sugar rush paper pack... lol!  The image is paper pieced with some patterned paper from the collection and then highlighted with a bit of colored Doodlebug glitter for some added sparkle...


Pumpkin Card Details
Stamps: Autumn Splendor (GKD)
Cardstock: GinaK black, white, kraft; Basic Grey Sugar Rush dp
Ink: Black memento; vivid; versafine black
Other: Dauber; Basic grey brads; copic markers; SU ribbon; Spellbinder eyelet square die; SU punch; glue pen, doodlebug glitters; corner rounder; EK Success border punch


 For all the information about how to enter your card into this month's challenge, please visit GinaK's blog, then check out these participating designer's blogs for more inspiration using the newly released stamp sets available through GinaK Designs:
Happy Hopping!  We can't wait to see what you're going to share with us!
Jessica

14 comments:

Juli Smith, said...

Where did you find the d-nealian (sp?) handwriting piece?! What a great school page accent! Beautiful kids too!

Love the polka-dotted pumpkin on the card, as well as the layered inside of the card.

Lagene said...

Great first day of school LO! Wonderful pumpkin card!

Lee said...

Ohhh that page is drop dead AWEsome!!!! That hand-writing dp is so stinkin' cute!! And the photos....gosh don't our kids grow up so quick! And that paper pieced punkin' is adorable!

Melissa said...

Jessica, your scrapbook page and card are lovely, your beautiful kids pics are going to look so nice on the page.

Becky said...

Jessica I just love that scrap book page, it is awesome.

NinaB said...

Such stunning creations, Jessica.

joy said...

Beautiful layouts! I love how you did the pumpkin -- so clever!

Melanie said...

gorgeosu scrap layout and that dotted pumpkin is so fun!

Cat Tidwell said...

These are so awesome Jess! I always love and admire your use of dp!

Carla S. said...

Fantastic page and card, Jessica! I love the details on both! How fun to paper piece the pumpkin with the dotted paper! Cute photos for your page, too!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful card---and love that scrapbook page. Great details. love the kids pictures too and i am sure they will look great on it!

Miesje said...

Oh I love it! I wish I could get into scrapbook pages - those pages just seem SO big to me! I really like yours!

Theresa Momber said...

What a fabulous page!!! Love it and that paper pieced pumpkin is awesome!

Jennie said...

Love your page Jessica, great details and clips with ribbon, Great design on your card too. Just love the fall and all of the memory making moments it brings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails