Jul 2, 2010

Card Kit Design Team Coloring Inspiration!


Good morning!

The Seeds of Kindness stamp set - along with lots of other new products and stamp sets are now available for purchase on GinaK's online store!  Here's the link to see all the new products for you!

I wanted to do a blog post this morning showing off some of the amazing Seeds of Kindness samples that are in the StampTV gallery, just to help show how lovely these amazingly talented designers from our Card Kit team have not only used the images on their cards, but also how wonderful they've colored the images!  I don't know about you, but I can tend to get a little intimidated by realistic images such as these plants... lol!

So, let's get ready to be inspired on lots of different ways to color the beautiful images in this stamp set!  On the card kit sample cards above, I used Colored pencils, odorless mineral spirits, and blending stumps but the rest of the team used Copic markers and water coloring for their samples...



Isn't this pretty? Valerie water colored her plant with markers and a water brush... which is a very forgiving way to color these images since water coloring is no ever supposed to be perfect, right?  (although both of the images water colored look pretty perfect to me!) I love the purple hues - it really makes the image and the green leaves pop.


I just love how Valerie only used a portion of the stamped image - isn't that clever!?  Beautiful card, Valerie - I just love the elegant simplicity of it! 



Colleen used the same image as Valerie, but choose to color her images with Copic markers.  I just love those dark veins of green in the ivy leaves, don't you?  Great layout to for such a large image, don't you think?


Colleen's second card takes my breath away with her coloring!  Just look at those pots, those leaves, those flowers... ahhh - gorgeous, my friend!!  But, then again she is one of the Copic Certification instructors, so I knew she'd knock this set out of the ballpark with her coloring!!



Sankari is the queen of liquid pearls, glitter, and shine!  I just adore how bright and vibrant her card is - you can really see the sparkle, can't you?  I also really like the hint of orange/brown in the center of her leaves - it looks so realistic colored that way, doesn't it?  The colors just pop! Great layout too for such a large image!



Bev designed such a cute 'country chic' card, didn't she?  Those potted plants are so vibrant and colorful paired with her fun patterned papers!  Her shading is so pretty behind the images too - it really helps the focal images pop, doesn't it?  And, those little butterflies?  Perfect!

I'll be back in a few days with some more samples of the Seeds of Kindness stamp set from the StampTV gallery, to help us get inspired with the coloring examples for us all.  I'm so blessed to work with such amazing artists, aren't I?

Have a wonderful and SAFE Fourth of July weekend with your loved ones and family!
Jessica

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails