May 17, 2010

Congrats, Grad!


Good morning!

Sorry I've been rather quiet on my blog lately - life is a bit busy and hasn't allowed much time for playing in my crafting room!  However, GinaK Design's May release is around the corner, so I've been trying to squeeze in some stamping time over the weekend in preparation for that!  I'm so excited to share all the new stamp sets and my samples with everyone - especially my new card kit!  Previews begin next Sunday night - so watch for those soon.

But, today I have a couple of graduation cards that I've made for my son to give some of his soccer buddies who are graduating from High School this year.  I picked up some clear Soccer themed stamps over the past few months, knowing that I could use them for scrapbook pages as well as cards since most of Isaiah's friends really like soccer.  Teenage boy cards can be hard to make, can't they?


Card Details
Stamps: TCP graduation stamps; unknown soccer stamp set (sorry - I threw away the packaging! oops!); SU dot wheel
Ink: Versafine black
Cardstock: GinaK and SU
Other: SU brad & ribbon; herringbone embossing folder; copic markers; silver brad


You will be able to see that both of these cards are basically the same.  I was just playing around with the scraps on my table - love doing that and watching the cards 'evolve'... lol!


Card Details
Stamps: SU dot wheel; TCP Graduation set; Unknown soccer stamps
Ink: Versafine Black
Cardstock: GinaK and SU
Other: Copic markers; photo corners; corner rounder; clear embossing powder; silver brad


I like the look of the photo corners on this card; they were still on my desk after I was doing some scrapbooking with them.  The dots patterned on the light blue cardstock is another SU wheel that I unmounted.  I like the texture of tone on tone with the dots.


Tomorrow, I'll be back with the scrapbook page I did for my son with these same stamp images.  I've been trying to be more consistent about scrapbooking some of my favorite photos of the kids - which is another reason why I've been a bit quiet here on my blog.  Those pages take a bit longer for me than whipping up a card!  But, I think the lasting benefit is well worth it!

Thanks for checking in on me today!
Jessica

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails