Mar 2, 2010

Stitched Christmas Card

 

Good morning!
I know today's card is a bit out of season, now that we've entered March... but, I decided to pull out some Christmas/winter themed stamp sets this weekend and start building my Christmas card stash.  I never got last year's Christmas cards out and thought I'd better do a better job on that this year... SO, you'll be seeing some Christmas/winter cards periodically this week on my blog. lol!

I just adore this stamp image and decided to keep the layout simple so that the adorable image takes center stage.  The image was designed by Gillian Roberts for Stampavie.

  

I pulled out some textured white cardstock and colored the image with Copics after stamping in Versafine black ink and clear embossing the main image.  I think the Copics almost look watercolored, don't they?  This is a new Nestability die too - I think it's Labels 12?  maybe 11?  Anyway, I really like the shape and thought the snowflake button embellishments fit perfectly in the largest scallop.

 

The inside image is from Hero Arts and I can't even tell you how excited I was that the oval shape fit a petite oval plain and scallop shape PERFECTLY.  I just love it when my stamps and tools work together like that whether they are paper punches or dies.... ahhh - perfection!

Have a wonderful rest of your day and I HOPE it's NOT snowing where you are!  I think the whole country is ready for spring, right?
Jessica

7 comments:

Tina said...

ADOREable!!! He's definitely cute as a button and I like the inside stamp as well!! Cute cute!

Mary J said...

Oh, really super card! I love him (her?!)

NinaB said...

Out of season or not, your card us just adorable. The new Labels are on my wish list, now you're making me want it even more. :-)

Cheri said...

What a cute stamp, Jess. And I think NOW is the time to make Christmas cards. I was soooo late with mine this year. LOL

Donna said...

This is adorable! The image is so cute and the inside just makes the package complete. Love it!

Unknown said...

So cute Jessica!

AKiteFlier said...

ACK - so cute Jess - and Christmas - seriously>?!>?! Oh boy. Love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails