Feb 27, 2010

Stamping Fun!

Good morning!

I wanted to share the projects my friends and I made together last Sunday at our get together.  There were 4 of us and we each designed a project to do together.  We stamped, chatted, laughed and ate together - could there BE a better way to spend an afternoon?!  I don't think so!

The first card is the card I designed for us to do together.  A couple of the girls requested that my project include this adorable Pure Innocence stamp image and just how could I say no to that?!  She is simply adorable, isn't she?!  It was Sue's idea to add the striped tights - aren't they adorable?


We used some EK Success Paper punches and a beautiful DCWV paper pack for the card and paper pieced the dress.


and here's the inside - the sentiment is from GinaK's Inside and Out stamp set...


The next card is an adorable sewing card designed by Sue Anderson - I am SO in love with this Whipper Snapper Quilt stamp set!  The colors she choose are perfect too, aren't they!?

 

The whole card has such a homespun feel to it, doesn't it?  I really like it when images work with paper punches and these quilt squares are no exception!  The best thing about the card to me is that she had us stamp the images on Kraft cardstock and didn't have us color them.  I really like the look and don't think I would have thought to do that because I would probably have colored the images.  But, this way the adorable images take center stage as they should!


and, that twine with the button?  Perfection, I think!

 

Next up is this adorable Milk Carton box designed by Shelly Wilson.  I had requested her to make her project quick and easy because I was dying to try out this adorable die from Stampin Up and wanted to be able to get everyone's projects done in the time frame we had allotted for our get-together.  Of course, I had to buy it after this adorable little project...

  

She felt badly that her project was so simple, but I'm thrilled with it because she had some valuable tips on how to score and fold the die to put it together.  It's simply sweet and the size is so tiny that it is irresistible!  I should have taken a photo of the box with some candy or some image so you can see how tiny it really is.

  

This last project was designed by Sharri Seffens and just like all her work is over the top amazing!  Of course, I didn't follow her directions perfectly but that's the way it usually is with me when I get stamping with friends... lol!  I'm wondering if you can see my 'mistake' but I'm guessing you won't be able to...  

Isn't is beautiful?  I've never made an easel card before and was really impressed with how quick this card was put together.  I'm sure that had a lot to do with all Sharri's prep work for us though!

 

We decided that we're going to try to make this a monthly event - and I couldn't be happier about that!  Sue graciously opened her beautiful home to us for our stamping spot and we all decided that we'd not only like to get together again next month, but that we'd like to move in to her spacious home!  lol!

I'm very lucky to have such a fun group of stamping friends to 'hang' out with, aren't I?
Jessica

3 comments:

Maria said...

These are wonderful! SO nice to have friends to stamp with.

Payne Holler Cards said...

these are great! can see you had a blast!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Jess how fun to be able to stamp with fellow stampers! Its also fun that I KNOW THEM - well, they're cards anyway...LOL. Great projects!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails