May 3, 2009

Guava Birthday Wishes

Good morning!

Here's another card I made on Saturday using a digital image from Butterfly Garden by MyGrafico. Once again I printed the image out on GinaK's Pure Luxury 80lb. cardstock and colored the image in with Copic markers. Using a variety of Stickles along with my Quickie Glue pen & Doodlebug's Clear glitter, I added a ton of 'bling' to the image.

I've been in the mood for orange lately, so I pulled out a couple of Copic markers to color the flower and decided when I was finished that one of SU's InColor from last year Groovy Guava was a good match.

I recently got some of Basic Grey's new papers & embellishments and was pleased to see that the Marrakech buttons worked perfectly with the colors I chose. I love it when that happens!

I added this last photo, to show the detail of the flower center - I added a page pebble to the center to help it pop a little more. Then, I took fruit punch & diamond stickles and carefully went around the images. The leaves have eucaplytus stickles and the outer scallop flower has diamond stickles.

The swirls are doodlebug's glitter with the Quickie glue pen. The precision you can get with that pen is awesome - perfect for detailed images such as this one.

This month's theme album for PaperCraft Planet is Birthday - so I decided to make this a birthday card. We always need those, don't we? The sentiment is from GinaK's Punchy Words. I love using this set because all the images either work with this SU Word Window punch or a Scallop circle punch.

Have a great rest of your day!
Jessica

2 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Great card, Jessica. Love the color combination and since I'm all about the bling, I adore the sparklie stickles & stardust pen additions!

Michelle said...

Beautiful. So fun and sparkly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails