Mar 23, 2009

Rooster and Chickies

Good morning!

I have another Magnolia Easter card to share with you this morning. I paired it with GinaK's Basket of Happiness stamp set again - look at how perfectly her Easter egg basket and sentiment work with this scene?

I stamped everything in Black Versafine ink and clear embossed with detail embossing powder. As you probably have noticed, this is my favorite way to stamp these Magnolia stamps - which is true of any stamp images that I'll be cutting out to make a scene. I like the definition that the shiny black embossed ink lines add to the images. Everything was colored with Copic markers.

To save some time, I stamped the steps on SU's Going Gray cardstock. Everything else was stamped on GinaK's Pure Luxury cardstock. If you haven't used this cardstock yet with Copics, you've got to try it! They blend like a dream on the smooth surface and look so shiny when you're finished.

I don't get the same results from Stampin Up's Whisper White - I get more blotchiness with certain colors when I've tried to use it. I rarely get that with Gina's - and if I do, it's because I've overblended some of the rich, warm colors such as browns or reds.

As you can see, I had to add some more of those straw speckles from Judikins for the chicks to stand on. I use Mono Multi Adhesive to lay down a line of glue and then sprinkle the speckles over the glue, tap it down a little and shake the excess away.

Here's the inside view - I covered the top of the inside liner because I had to hide some brads...


Have a great day - and I'll be back tomorrow with another Magnolia card to share!
Jessica



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica-You continue to amaze me with your creativity and gorgeous cards!
Sue

Selma said...

Jessica I was going to say exactly what Sue said. I always look forward to your blog to see what you have come up with. Selma

Anonymous said...

Jessica, you KNOW you are totally enabling me today.... I don't have any of these images yet... and thought I could resist... but DANG! This is adorable!

I also love the way you are decorating the insides too.

Tracey said...

Love this Jessica! Your card is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails