Feb 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Brad!

Hi!

Today (February 8th) is my husband Brad's birthday! It's actually a pretty busy birthday day because it's also GinaK's birthday as well as Jen Balcer from Splitcoast Stampers birthday too!

My husband is an avid race car fan, so he is always so happy when February rolls around because it means Nascar racing starts up again. He has always been a car guy too, so when I saw these fun stamps at a local stamping store (Scrapbook Superstore, for all you Madison readers) I had to buy them. They are from Amuse and Memory Box and work perfectly together for my husband because he has recently begun to develop a healthy obsession with bicycling.

We've been enjoying some warmer weather this month too, so he's been out biking again. And, by warmer, I mean we've finally gotten above freezing around here! It's really sad actually that the 30's and 40's feel like spring to us here in Wisconsin! lol!


I just love this sentiment from Amuse because it perfectly describes Brad's feelings about racing and driving. For me, it's about getting from point A to point B without any hassels. While for him, it's all about the journey, the car, the road, the engine... and whole bunch of other things that I honestly don't get... lol! But, he puts up with my papercrafting foolishness, so it's the least I can do to humor him too, right?


Everything is stamped in Memento Black ink and colored with Copic markers on GinaK's Pure luxury cardstock. I used my new Curvy Rectangles Nestabilities - which I absolutely LOVE. I used my Sakura Glaze and Glitter pens to add some details to the stamped images. It's noticeable more in person than on the computer screen, I'm sure.

The metallic paper is from a small DieCuts with a View paper pack that I always seem to gravitate toward using when I'm making masculine cards. My husband loves anything metallic and I love how beautifully the textured papers emboss so they work well for his cards.


The birthday sentiments are from a retired Stampin Up birthday greetings set. I stamped the bear on the bicycle once on the far right hand side of the card and then continuously stamped the same image moving it slightly to the left without reinking to simulate movement. I really like how it ended up.

You may be able to see the glaze and glitter pens better in this photo...


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed Brad's card as much as he did!
Jessica

1 comment:

Jennifer Aviles said...

That's an adorable card, Jessica! I'm sure he loved it! And yeah, what a busy day for a birthday! Tell the boss lady hi for me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails