Dec 21, 2008

Vellum Butterfly

Good morning!

This morning's card is another 3x3 notecard that I was working on at the same time as my Framed Friend's notecards. You can see a lot of the same elements on it - Basic Grey's Urban Prairie patterned paper, corner rounded edges, dotted ribbon, and little pearls to name a few. To change it up a little, I stamped the sentiment in white ink and embossed in white embossing powder to make it pop against the black cardfront.

Card details: Take Flight, Punchy Words, BG Urban Prairie, Vellum, SU black, SU white craft ink, Versamark, Detail Black embossing powder, detail white embossing powder, Distress Orange Stickles, Corner rounder, Mini Pearls, Ribbon

The butterfly was so quick and easy! I stamped in versamark on vellum and embossed with detail black embossing powder. After cutting it out, I dabbed my Tim Holtz Orange stickles on the butterfly and spread it out with my finger. When it dried, it 'crinkled' up a little which I actually ended up liking a lot.

I put a strip of dimensionals on the body because the black embossing hid them. Then, using several glue dots on different areas of the body, I molded it just the way I wanted to - working with the 'crinkles.' It looks like it's fluttering on the cardfront in real life.

On another winter note, it's frigid outside today! Since today is the first official day of winter, I guess it's fitting that the wind chills are 30 degrees below zero, right? We've already gotten at least 35 inches of snow so far this month and it makes me a little nervous about what WINTER is actually going to be bringing us for the rest of the season! YIKES!

I'm going to take advantage of another stay home day by doing lots of baking today and finishing off a few Christmas projects. I'll share the photos of the 12x12 calendars that I made for my husband and the grandparents after the holidays since my mom and husband usually read my blog and I don't want to ruin the surprises.

I also have to work on getting my Christmas cards out... I've got the photo of my kids ready, so I just need to get the address book and envelopes and get to it. I think I'll get the kids' help with these this year and have them help write the note and address the envelopes - doesn't that sound like a great family project?

Have a great day - and good luck finishing all your Christmas projects!
Jessica

1 comment:

Cat Tidwell said...

Gorgeous Jessica! Love this butterfly stamped on vellum and with the stickles...way cool! Love the dp too, looks yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails