Nov 26, 2008

PaperWorks Safari Animals


Good morning!

I am a sucker for cute stamp images and these set of safari animals from PaperWorks are adorable!! PaperWorks is a new company that is based in Canada. They are celebrating their first birthday and are currently having a great sale on their website. Check them out - you won't be sorry!


I received these three Safari animals in the mail last night and had to get them inky right away! Each stamp comes die cut and mounted on cling mount - so no prep is necessary - always a plus for any stamper, right?

The packaging is adorable too. Each animal comes in its own package with its story on the back of the laminated card. I plan on punching a hole in the corner of each card and using a metal ring to bind them together because the storage card is too cute to throw away!


The first thing I thought of when I saw these stamps was how cute they would look paper pieced and layered with designer papers. So, I pulled out another one of my favorite Basic Grey paper packs -Urban Prairie and started stamping! I just love the pinks & turquoise blue colors in this assortment.

I used Versafine Black ink and detail clear embossing powder to help the images really pop on the patterned papers. Whenever I paper piece, I like to do this extra step of embossing because it not only looks great, but it also helps me cut the images out a little more neatly. The embossed lines seem to help me see where to cut a little better, I guess.


To add a little more shading in certain areas, I used a few coordinating Copic Markers. Then, using dimensionals I popped up the heads to make them a little more 3D! I love how cute these guys look in person.


I used a couple of recent sketch challenges that my fellow design team gals have issued over at PaperCraft Planet. I'm new the sketch scene and am loving how easy they are to get out of my usual card layout ruts. Lucas the Lion's layout is Wendy's sketch 111508 and Gordie the Giraffe's layout is Tammy's sketch 112208.


After I finished my cards, I took my small bottle of Crystal Lacquer and added it to a few areas on the the animals - like the lion's mane above. Finally, I took my Inkssentials white gel pen and dotted the highlights in the eyes to make them pop.

Aren't these animals fun? My 8 year old daughter Ashley loves stuffed animals and went crazy for these little guys. Check out Peggy's fun website - you won't be sorry and tell her that Jessica sent you!
Have a great day!
Jessica

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaawwwwww! How adorable. I love the way you stamped them on patterned paper... it gives them such character. Love these!

Anonymous said...

These little guys are so adorable!!!!! And your cards are, as usual, just amazing!!

Heather "Hev" said...

How much cuteness can you get in one post ;)

I love these - especially the giraffe :)

Marsue said...

Hey Jessica -

These cards are so cute! I check your blog every morning and today it gave me an instant smile. Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

Donna Baker said...

I'm a sucker for cute animals too -LOVE all your cards, too cute to paper-piece them with the BG dp.

Joy said...

These are all soooooo cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow ... your cards are amazing! I love the paper piecing and all these adorable little animals, awsome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails