Nov 28, 2008

Funky Acetate Christmas Bulbs


Good evening!

What a funny title, huh? Not too creative, I guess, but is exactly what these Christmas bulbs are! I shared these two cards during Gina's release party earlier this month but haven't taken the time to talk about them here on my blog yet.

For each of the cards, I stamped the snowflakes from Gina's Funky Christmas stamp set in White Opaque Stazon on a sheet of acetate. After it dried, I punched the Yellow Marvy scallop circle out of both the acetate and a piece of DCWV glitter paper. I pierced a hole through both layers with my paper piercer and put a silver brad in it to hold the two pieces of paper together. That way no glue is needed.



Then, I popped up the ornaments on the card with dimensionals (pop-dots). For the silver cording, I tucked a glue dot right underneath the ornament on top and stuck the silver cording to it. The cording was then tucked over the edge of the cardfront and glued underneath a white liner piece of paper. The bow with tied and then stuck onto the cording with another mini glue dot - I LOVE those things!

The first card is super quick - a perfect size to stick into a gift bag. I just used a scrap piece of paper folded in half. Since DCWV paper packs are one sided, I don't even need to worry about the inside - because it's white on the inside! Perfect for a quick gift card.

The second card is a little crazy with all the papers and patterns going on! I stamped the snowflakes on the green cardfront with Memories White ink and then took the inkpad and edged all around it for a soft white glow. The edge of the light green paper with cut & embossed with a new Martha Stewart paper punch I recently picked up at Michaels. I took my Memories White inkpad and rubbed around it to soften it.

So, do you have your Christmas Tree up yet? We have a compromise in our house that the tree can go up during the week after my daughter Ashley's birthday. Ashley will be 8 on Sunday and is very excited for her Build-a-Bear birthday party that we'll be having with some cousins and friends on her birthday. It should be lots of fun for everyone! So, sometime this next week, we'll be putting up our Christmas tree and decorations - the kids can't wait!

I'm hosting Day 2 for PaperCraft Planet's 12 Days of Christmas event - which is tomorrow! My theme is Doves - you know, "2 TurtleDoves" .... Check back tomorrow for more details and be sure to get out your bird stamps so you can play along! Each day a different Company is sponsoring with some great prizes for the winner!

Have a great night and I'll be back tomorrow morning with my Dove card!
Jessica

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails