Oct 6, 2008

Peerless Watercolor Palette

Good afternoon!

Today I'm sharing my Palette that I use whenever I use my Peerless Watercolors. When I teach Peerless classes at GinaK's store, each student receives their own palette for them to keep - how cool is that? Mine is well-loved and well-used (as you can see), but these punch outs are still filled with pigment.

I cut a piece of 6x6 Chipboard and use Mono Multi adhesive to adhere the punch-outs. Then, I write each color name under the punch out. When one color runs out of pigment, I pull the rectangle up and replace it with a new one. Super simple and user friendly.

When I'm painting, I touch my Niji Aqua painter to the color and blend away. I usually keep a little dish of water on my table for when I want to dilute the color and paint a color wash.



The vibrancy of these watercolors is simply amazing. You can layer the colors and build the shading really easily. The poinsettias are from Melanie's new set, A Year of Flowers. I stamped the flower on bazzil textured paper in versamark ink and embossed with Ranger's Detail Gold embossing powder. Then, I painted one green and one red flower. I decided to use red on this Christmas card.

This is actually one of the Stamp a Stack Christmas cards we'll be making in a few weeks at my GinaK SAS class. The Christmas tree is a Cuttlebug folder that I embossed on Vellum and glued to a red card with glue dots. To hide the glue, I put glitter dots over it.

It's crunch time for us at GinaK Designs this week. We're all doing last minute prep for the Cruise - and wouldn't you know it, I'm sick. Thankfully, everything is moving right along and my Sinus and Cold medicine seems to be helping, but still.... Isn't that the way it always goes!? I've been up to my eyeballs in cutting cardstock for all of Gina's class projects - and I'm almost done.

The Cruise ladies are going to LOVE these amazing projects Gina has prepared for them - she spared no details... trust me! She is the queen of layers - God bless her... LOL! You can't believe how many layers she has on some of her projects... yikes! But, the end is in sight and we are all so excited to see it all come together.

So, because the store is literally packed with goodie bags, class projects, door prizes, stamp sets, boxes, etc. - I'm going to have to cancel tomorrow's class: Autumn Brayered Cards. Between me not feeling well and all that we still have to do, we decided it was best. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and short notice.

Have a great night - I'm headed back out to the store after supper to finish up the project cutting and bagging! Wish me luck!!

Jessica

5 comments:

Jennie said...

What a beautiful card! I love that CB folder, I haven't seen that one yet...

It must be exciting getting together everything for the cruise...looking forward to hearing how it goes!
Get well soon, I am struggling with that same thing. Just a bummer!

Lee said...

Wow Jessica!!! I am absolutely gonna order the watercolors and try this!! I'm sorry you're sick.......but just think.....you'll be well and healthy for the cruise!!!! Hugs!!

Christi Flores said...

This card is gorgeous!! I am so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well and I hope that you're all better by cruise time!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Jessica,
Hope you are feeling better and better. What a lovely card!! - and a great idea for hiding glue on vellum. I now have the tree and the dots on my wish list. :o)

You all are going to have so much fun on the cruise!! I went on the Dee Gruenig one a few weeks ago - what a great time! I wish I could go on this one too! next one...

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Vanessa said...

Sorry to hear you are sick and so busy.

What a great idea for the watercolors. . .a palette! Hopefully I can get those watercolors soon.

By the way, I keep checking SCS to see who won your challenge. Did I miss the winner announcement??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails