Oct 18, 2008

Country Christmas Angel


Good morning!

Here's another Christmas card for you! This is another one that I shared during the Release party at the beginning of the month...

This country angel is from Asela Hopkin's Christmas Blessings Stamp set. I stamped her on a Petite Oval Nestability shape cut out from Watercolor paper that I sponged with Inkssentials Foam Blending tool and one of Tim Holtz Distress inks... I just can't remember which one right now, sorry! The angel was stamped in black Versafine ink and embossed with Clear Detail Embossing Powder.

I watercolored her with a Niji waterbrush and Stampin Up reinkers: Old Olive, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Caramel, Summer Sun, Close to Cocoa. Then, I highlighted a few lines with Stickles.

The saying was stamped and embossed on watercolor paper and punched out with Stampin Up's new large Oval punch. To add a little country touch, I tied a gingham ribbon to a little Making Memories safety pin and added it to the oval punch out.

Have you started making your Christmas cards yet? I haven't really begun that yet... I've been so busy making a variety of cards that I need to start making several to keep on hand to get ready for Christmas!

Have a great rest of your day and thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

6 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Jessica, your angel is colored so beautifully! Gorgeous card. I love the little ribbon you added to the sentiment.

Sheila D said...

Wow, gorgeous coloring. The card is so cute. Love that stamp. Have to go check out the stamp set.

Bethany Paull said...

Cute! I love those darling little buttons.

Lee said...

Very pretty in the harvesty colors!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

What a sweet angel image and beautiful card, Jessica! Great blog, too!

Anonymous said...

I love what you've done with Asela's design - you've kept a lovely primitive feel to your card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails