Oct 27, 2008

Copper Foliage


Happy Monday!


Today's card is one that I shared earlier this month during Gina's Release Party. I haven't talked about it on my blog yet, so I thought I would today!


The stamps are from GinaK's Free with Three stamp set for this month Winter Foliage along with a few new things Gina just added to her store: Sateen Flowers and her Pure Luxury ribbons.


I ran the copper paper through the Cuttlebug machine using the Textile Embossing folder. I love how rich this looks. The ovals are cut from Nestabilities out of glossy paper.


When I first saw this set, I really wanted to try out Polished Stone with it. I used Stampin Up's Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke Reinkers along with Rubbing Alcohol. Then the pine leaves were stamped in Black Stazon and the pinecones were stamped in Versamark and embossed with Copper Detail Embossing powder. To highlight the scalloped oval, I rubbed some Metallic Rub-on Paste.

I used the White Luxury ribbon - could you tell? heehee... I colored it green with a Copic marker and then took a Copper Leafing Pen and colored the edges of the ribbon. I was so thrilled to see how cool this worked. Then, the White Sateen ribbons were colored and shaded with the same Copic marker.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Jessica

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jessica - I just had to say how much I like your "Copper Foliage" card. I have a question for you about the polished stone technique. I made a card with it recently and had silver ink coming off on my fingers. Do you spray your polished stone so that doesn't happen or is there something else I need to do?
Hope to see you soon at the store for a class. I wanted to hit several of the October classes but just couldn't work them into my schedule so I hope November will be better! Kay

Anonymous said...

Jessica, this is GORGEOUS!!! That copper paper looks sooo real! I didn't realize it was paper until I read the post.

This card is soooo rich looking... beautiful!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Kay - thanks for your question... Metallic inks do have a tendency to rub off, as they need to be heat set or embossed to make them completely permanent. I combat this by using a very small amount of it when I use it for this technique, as a little really does go a long way on glossy paper.

You may want to choose to use Ranger's Metallic Alcohol Reinkers - they seem to be perfectly formulated for techniques like these, with no need for embossing or heat setting. They have gold, copper, silver, and pearl reinkers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails