Oct 25, 2008

Another Reject!


Good afternoon!

A few days ago, I shared a Stampin Up class card reject... did you see it? Even though it didn't make the cut - I really like a few things about the card and shared the tips I learned through making it in my post. Well, here's another rejected card.

See, I tried out the template again and this time pierced a couple of circles on the Chocolate Chip card base. I thought 2 circles might look cool together - but when I was finished, it didn't look the way I thought it would. To embellish the circle, I added a butterfly from the Stampin Up set called Priceless - but was stumped as to what I should put in that second circle. Another butterfly would cover up the piercings... so I decided to try a flower.

I don't think it was my best idea! It looks a little silly to me - hanging out there below the butterfly! I rarely throw my cards away though - even if I don't like the end results because just because I don't like it, doesn't mean that no one else will. I have a large stash of cards that I have on hand and occasionally let my family go through them to pick out some for them to take. Inevitably, they pick ones that aren't my favorites - but they love them!



Not every card has to be a work of art - sometimes it's about the process and playing. This is the way that we end up making the cards that we adore, don't you agree?
Thanks for stopping by and don't be afraid to share your card rejects! They just may end up being someone else's favorites!
Jessica

3 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

What do you mean reject? That YOU reject them? LOL! Cause I love this card ANDloved the other one too! I love th warmth of this one and the piercing looks fantastic!

I agree with you though, that every card doesnt have to be a work of art and if we dont like it somebody usually does! (got one I'll be posting like that too, lol!)

Sharri said...

Jess, I do not think the butterfly on top of the flower looks silly or bad! Butterflies love flowers.

Janine T said...

Jess, your "rejects" are a lot prettier than some I have seen on the SU card showcase site!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails