Jul 22, 2008

2 Wheeling!


Card Details: With Daddy's Help; Kindred Greetings for Him; Basic Grey Archaic Papers; SU whisper white & basic black; Black Stazon; Koh-i-noor pencils; OMS; blending stumps; Stickles; RainDots Eyelets;Nestabilities

Good morning!

Since yesterday's post was a novel, I'm going to keep today's nice and short!

A few months ago, my 7 year old daughter Ashley was able to take off her training wheels from her bicycle. Her daddy helped her learn how to ride without them one Saturday while I was at work teaching a class at Gina's store. She called me all excited telling me that she knew how to ride her bike like a big girl now - it was so sweet!

It's ordinary but extraordinary times like that, which make Gina's Kindred Spirits stamp line so perfect to me. I was able to stamp these cards thinking of my daughter and my husband reaching a milestone together. I will use this stamp in my scrapbooks with the photos of her riding her bike too - I just love the versatility of stamps!

But, take a look at the card below... because Gina's stamps are unmounted, I was able to snip off the training wheels ever so carefully and now I have a stamp that shows perfectly what they achieved together. How cool is that? Since Ashley is our youngest and we won't be using training wheels at our house anymore, I just tossed the snipped off training wheels.


Card details: With Daddy's Help; Kindred Greetings for Him; Cardstock: SU Whisper White, Black & Going Gray; Bazzil Textured; Brilliance Black Ink; Cuttlebug & embossing folder; Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks; Copic Markers; Marvy scallop circle punch

Gina's having her newest Release Party this Thursday night at her forum on Splitcoast. She and her other Illustrators Rupa, Melanie, and Asela each have an awesome set that will become available on her online store this Thursday at 10:00 pm and at her store in McFarland on Friday.

Last night, Asela's set was featured. Check out Gina's and Asela's blog for the details and links to see the beautiful cards everyone has made with Asela's set Flowers for Daisy.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jessica



2 comments:

Christi Flores said...

These are so sweet!!

Jennie said...

These are such adorable cards with a special meaning as well!

Thanks for the post about CHA....lots of great info.
I love your blog and those flip books are amazing! Can I possibly get the directions?
mjharper@copper.net

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails