Feb 16, 2011

Calling all Squares: 7 Kids Challenge!



This is my 3rd post for today, so if you are looking for the Paper Pretties challenge post or the Design Divas Blog hop post, please scroll down a bit to view them.  Thank you!

Hi there!

It's time for another 7 Kids College Fund challenge!  This time, I'm the hostess and have issued the challenge to make a square card - any size, just make sure it's a square.  For all the details on how to participate in this 2 week challenge, please visit the 7Kids Challenge blog.  We always love seeing everyone's projects - you are all so inspiring to us!

Here's a closer look at my 5.5" square card's focal image. I just love this Magnolia Tilda as a Butterfly image - she is so cute!  I choose to use a couple of patterned papers from October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker 8x8 paper pack for the color inspiration for Tilda.

Card Details
Stamps: Tilda as a Butterfly (Magnolia
Ink: Distress; Memento
Card stock: October Afternoon patterned; Neenah cream; SU textured
Other: Copics; Stickles; sewing machine; white gel pen; rhinestones; SU butterfly and flower die(for inside); Quikutz scallop border die; blending foam

After stamping and coloring Tilda, I took the Distress Blending tool and Distress Old Paper ink to distress the Neenah cream card stock a bit.  I also added some shading to the butterfly and flower die cuts.

and the inside view...


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you get a chance to play along with us in our 'square' challenge!
Jessica

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails