Jul 30, 2014

Art. from the heart.


Good morning!

I'm popping in with a 'made just for fun' card I designed recently.  I love the Friendship Mason Jar stamp collection from PaperTrey Ink but haven't played with it as much as I would like to... but I sat down and did some coloring a few weekends ago.


A few notes: I used a couple of different scallop border dies from My Favorite Things for the 'ruffly' trim to the side of the jar.  I die cut a vellum jar and overlaid it on the stamped jar image and like the transparent look it gave.  I tried to use Copics to do and it ended up smearing the ink a bit (ahhh!) so a vellum overlay was the best way to salvage all that coloring!  I used an orange and light brown marker with my marker spritzer to add a few dots of ink to the upper right of the jar.  Finally, I stamped the button with black stazon ink from the polka dot jar image in the stamp set.

Have a great day and I hope you get to have some time to play today!
Jessica

Card Details
Stamps: Friendship Jar & die cuts (PaperTrey Ink)
Ink: Memento; Versafine; PTI; black stazon
Card stock: PTI solid and patterned; vellum
Other: Copics; SU ruffle ribbon; PTI twine; sewing machine; button; MFT scallop border dies 

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Every smudge, spot or unintended mark is an opportunity for further creativity - and you rose to the challenge magnificently Jessica - this is a lovely card.
Blessings
Maxine

Alanna said...

What a fun card. I love all the layers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails