Mar 15, 2014

Hi Sweetie!


Hi there!

I'm joining with several designers from Peachy Keen Stamps to show our new Color Challenge, inspired by this beautiful spring photo:



I adore these colors for spring, especially after the long hard winter we've had.  I used my favorite teddy bear: Thinking of You, which has an adorable new smaller size available too right here: Teddy Bear Love.  I paper pieced Teddy with patterned papers from PaperTrey Ink, adding just a bit of shading with copics and pieced him all back together to put on the card (papers from October Afternoon).

FYI:  Whenever I paper piece, I always use my black Versafine ink, especially on patterned paper.  It's the only really crisp, dark, black ink that I've found that keeps the image lines nice and clear.  I usually add a bit of shading with my Copics and find that the ink can smear a bit, but if I'm careful not to add too much marker to the inked lines, my results are usually good.  The crisp, clear black lines are more important to me than the bit of smearing that may occur.  I've had mine for YEARS and use it everytime I stamp (especially for all the sentiments on my cards) and have never needed to replace or refill it.  If you're looking for a good functional black ink, I highly recommend it!

All the details to the challenge can be found here.
I hope you get a chance to play along with us!  
Jessica

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a cute image Jessica, and I love your cheerful cards.
Blessings
Maxine

Jean Bullock said...

This has such an adorable vintage look to it. Well done ... as usual.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails