Sep 4, 2013

The Twinery: X marks the Spot challenge


Hi there!

This morning I have a couple of cards to share that I made for The Twinery's new X marks the spot challenge! 


For more details on the challenge, please check out ---> this link

I decided to go quite literal with my interpretation of the challenge and stitched some X's on my card with my baker's twine.  For my first card, I wanted to mimic to soft orange in the stamped pumpkin so I used our lovely Canteloupe twine.

Card Details
Stamps: WPlus9 Pretty Patches Pumpkin with coordinating die
Card stock: PaperTrey Ink; GinaK Designs tan leather
Ink: Hero Arts shadow; Versafine black; PaperTrey Ink fresh snow
Accessories: PaperTrey Ink woodgrain impression plate, heart border die and heart die; Stampin Up paper piercing mat; canteloupe baker's twine from The Twinery

stamp set used on both cards:


My next card uses the same stamp set but this time I used our Seaweed baker's twine to stitch a whole border on the card.  Then, I wrapped the same twine a couple of times around the lace as well as across the die cut felt grass on the tag.  The button was threaded in another 'x' with some platinum shimmer baker's twine.

Card Details
Stamps: Pretty Patches Pumpkin (WPlus9) with coordinating die
Ink: Hero Arts shadow; Versamagic chalk; Memento
Card stock: PaperTrey Ink
Accessories: PaperTrey Ink tag die; doily colored with Versamagic ink; Stampin Up lace & Paper piercing mat; My Favorite Things green felt; Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps grass die cut; seaweed and platinum shimmer baker's twine from The Twinery

To make the stitching easier, I used my Stampin Up paper piercing mat to pierce the patterns in the sections.  It was quite simple and went fairly quickly.  Then, I stitched using a basic cross stitch technique, taping the edges flat to the back, instead of tying off a knot to help minimize the bulk.

To help sweeten the challenge, here's the prize up for grabs for participating!



Jessica

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Jessica these cards are gorgeous - I particularly like the top one.
Blessings
Maxine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails