Sep 17, 2013

TCM: Speaking of Fall


Hi there!

Welcome to another sneak peek of a new stamp set from The Craft's Meow 's September release which will be available for purchase on September 21.  We have five new stamp sets that we will be featuring until then on our blogs to give you lots of ideas with these fabulous new stamp sets!

Today's stamp set is called Speaking of Fall illustrated by Angelica Suarez.  It will be our new free with $60 purchase stamp set, but will also be available for purchase separately.  Angelica hit it out of the ball park with this fun, trendy autumn set!  The sentiments she included as well as the three step stamping leaves are just too fun!

Card Details
Stamps: Speaking of Fall
Ink: Versafine black
Card stock: Watercolor; My Mind's Eye patterned; PTI solid
Other: Detail clear embossing powder; Distress markers; Inktense pencils; SU taffeta ribbon; marker spritzer; sewing machine; Basic Grey button

For my first card, I stamped the images and sentiments in black versafine ink and used detail clear embossing powder to set the ink.  Then, I used Inktense pencils to watercolor the images as well as to 'swipe' ink behind each line for some visual interest.


My next card uses the three step leaves that Angelica designed for the stamp set.  I did stamped them a bit backwards - or at least in a different order than I usually do.  I stamped the outline first in black Memento ink.  Then, the solid image and then the polka dot accent image.  For the colored inks, I used Stampin Up inks (mostly the new In Colors).  

The leaves are older Spellbinder dies and the vellum scallop square die cut is from an older Stampin Up Sizzix die.  A simple natural baker's twine bow fits well with the 'earthy' feeling I was going for on my card. The little rectangle frame image is from another new TCM September stamp set by Angelica - but more about that tomorrow!

Card Details
Stamps: Speaking of Fall 
Ink: Stampin Up colored; Memento black
Card stock: PTI solid; My Mind's Eye patterned; Vellum
Other: PaperTrey ink notebook die; Spellbinder leaves dies; SU Sizzix scalloped square die; natural baker's twine from The Twinery; Copic Spica turquoise glitter pen; sewing machine

To see everyone the designers' cards for today's preview with this new stamp set, please check out The Craft's Meow store blog for all the photos and links.  I've seen some of them already and know you will love what they've prepared for us today!



Have a great day!
Jessica

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eeeeeekkkk!!! Jessica I was beaming when I saw your cards - they are so cheerful and have so much depth! The watercolor subway art is fantastic - I mean, really. You do know I'm going to totally do that, right? And the second card with the teals and melon-y pink? Come on! Just so stinkin' cute!! LOVE them!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Jessica these are beautiful - love the top one with the colours behind the sentiment, and the speckle behind the leaves.
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene Gabriel said...

Gorgeous Fall card. I love the swipes of colour in the first card as well as your stitching. On the second card I love the polka 3 step leaves and the DP die cut leaves are beautiful.
Darbaby on SCS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails