Jun 17, 2013

TCM: Beautiful Rose



Hi there!

I'm a little late this morning but I wanted to pop in and share a few cards I made with the first stamp set that the designers from The Craft's Meow are featuring today on our blogs to celebrate June's release.  Today, we are showing off Beautiful Rose, a lovely stamp set illustrated by NinaB Designs.


To see all the other designers' projects, please visit TCM's store blog for all the photos and links.  I've seen them all and they are fabulous!

My first card is very CAS - I chose to use the sweet circle rose image in the stamp set.  First I stamped it in SU guava ink and then again in black Versafine ink and trimmed out the banner and layered over it.  Lots of vellum on this one - love the soft look it gives.



My next card was one I made for a dear friend of mine who suddenly lost her husband late last week.  So sad for her and her boys to loose their father/husband Father's Day weekend.  My friend has a very bright and cheery personality, so I channeled her bubbly spirit with the bright colors on my card, hoping to cheer her a little and let her know how much I am thinking and praying for her and her sons.

I stamped the rose image twice on vellum in black stazon ink and then embossed it with a texture embossing folder from Stampin Up.  Then, I paper pieced the roses with a couple of bright patterned papers and layered over the stamped images on the vellum.  The 'dear friend' sentiment is found in this stamp set and the sympathy one is from Hope Blooms.


I attached the vellum to the yellow mat with the white brads and then added some soft buttercream baker's twine and some pearls from Want2Scrap for added embellishments.

Have a great day and see you tomorrow with a couple more cards for The Craft's Meow and Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!
Jessica

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Jessica you have been busy - and these are gorgeous - love the way you have trimmed the vellum in the first card, and stamped and embossed in the second.
Blessings
Maxine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails