Jun 23, 2013

Be Still...


Good morning!

I have a card to share with you today that I made using The Craft's Meow: Beautiful Hymns (sentiment) and a retired Layers of Color flower - I don't remember what the stamp set was called, sorry.  To be honest, when I made the card I thought the flowers was from TCM since I know it was designed by Nina Brackett, but obviously it's not a TCM set.  I'm wondering if it's available now through Penny Black, since Nina illustrates for them now as well.... sorry, I couldn't be of more help!

At any rate, I paper pieced the flower, added some shading with Copics (one of my favorite techniques) and then added it to this song - one of my favorites.


I added a double tied some Seaweed baker's twine for the only embellishment on this card.  I wanted it to be a clean and simple but bright and cheerful card to send to a friend who needs some encouragement.

Unfortunately, I already need to use this card for a sweet friend whose husband suddenly died of a heart attack.  If that's not bad enough, the younger son just graduated from high school and his dad passed away the weekend of Father's Day.  It's events like this that make me long for heaven, where no more goodbyes will be said.

Have a great day and remember to take time to be still.
Jessica


1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Jessica this is such a beautiful card for such a sad need. I am sure your friend will be comforted.
Blessings
Maxine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails