May 23, 2013

Saddle Up!


Good morning!

Today's card was made with the fun The Craft's Meow Giddy Up stamp set.  With the Kentucky Derby and the other horse races going on in May and June, I was inspired to pull out this set that I haven't used in awhile.


I really like Stampin Up's new foam ink pads with my clear silhouette stamp sets that I have in my collection. The inks covers the images so well.

I used a Versamagic taupe chalk ink to color the white doily so it would be just a bit more masculine.  Just rub and swipe the ink over the doily (Wilton from WalMart or Michaels) and that's it.  It colors it quite nicely.


I stamped the flourish frame and sentiment inside of it on some patterned paper and then trimmed around it, inking the edges just a bit.  Then, I added a clear rhinestone to the centers of the flourishes and colored them with a brown Copic marker.

I wrapped some Cappuccino twine three times around the card front.  I've never used browns and greys/blacks together on a card like this one and kind of like it.  Who knew? ;)

Have a great day!
Jessica

6 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is great. I love the horse.

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVING this FUN card for today!! THANKS for sharing ad have a FABULOUS Memorial Day Weekend!! =)

sandi said...

Love your card. Thank you for sharing.

ezobo said...

I like the color combo, too. Thanks for the tip about the ink and coloring the doily. I would have never thought of it on my own.

Petti said...

I love this card! So pretty! Like the colour combo too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Nice one Jessica - love the colours together and the masculine feel you gave to the doily by colouring it.
Blessings
Maxine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails