Nov 7, 2012

Warm Winter Wishes


Good morning!

Today's card is another winter/Christmas card... are you starting to get ready for the holidays?   This adorable image is from All That Scraps CC Designs Swiss Pixie Through the Night.  I paper pieced her jacket/robe and colored her with Copics, adding just a touch of stickles glitter glue to her lantern. I stitched around her and then layered the focal image over a doily, embellishing a bit with some coordinating Wild Orchid roses.

Please ignore the terrible stitches around the card front - I used some thread that was too thick for my machine and it skipped terribly until I realized what the problem was.  The sentiment is from Amy R's Snowman Sentiments.  I wrapped some cappuccino twine from The Twinery around the card front - I love to use twine because it seems 'lighter' than ribbon to me.

Have a great day!
Jessica

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely card Jessica - love your paper piecing and the wobbly stitching to me, adds dimension and interest.
Blessings
Maxine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails